As we return to worship as a congregation, we want to make everyone as comfortable as possible with the preparations and information we are providing. We look forward to being together again! This crisis has fostered a lot of concerns. We want to be safe, while still creating an environment that is focused on worship and trust in God rather than one ruled by anxiety. Below are the protocols and suggestions based on guidelines that have been provided to us. Whether you are the extremely cautious type or on the opposite end of that spectrum, I know God is pleased when we love, accept, and are considerate of one another.
- The auditorium will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each service.
- For the month of May, we will have in-person worship services on Sunday morning at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. There will be no Sunday school, and Sunday1:30 services and Wednesday night services will be exclusively online.
- The nursery and children’s programs will be suspended for the month of May.
- Anyone feeling ill or having a fever should not come to services. Those who are already medically fragile are asked to worship at home and make use of the online service broadcast/recording.
- We will trust each of you to recognize illness and fever and will not require that your temperature be taken.
- Greetings such as hugging or shaking of hands is discouraged, and hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances.
- Masks will be available if you do not have your own and wish to use one in the building. You should wear a mask for the safety of others unless there is a physical limitation prohibiting the use of one.
- We will observe social distancing of six feet before, during and after the services. Families living in the same household should sit together.
- Offering plates will not be passed; they will be placed in the back of the auditorium.
- Out of caution, we will refrain from printing bulletins, observing communion, and holding any extra meetings until further notice.
- Doors will be propped open to minimize unnecessary contact.
These protocols and suggestions will continue through the month of May. We will reevaluate the situation at the end of the month. I am looking forward to worshiping with you once again.